As you are aware, the last two months have had unprecedented challenges on a global scale due to COVID-19. Our frontlines are critical now more than ever and we salute our healthcare, emergency, and other essential workers who are making our communities safe. FMFCU is proud to provide support to our non-profits for COVID-19 initiatives and critical supplies, including The Foundation for Delaware County and The Salvation Army of Eastern Pennsylvania & Delaware.
We understand our members, businesses, and communities we serve continue to need financial guidance and assistance during these times. FMFCU stands ready to serve each and every one of you.
Health and safety continues to be FMFCU’s #1 priority. Since February, our efforts have included:
- Forming a Pandemic Team that meets at least 3 times a week
- Connecting employees to each other virtually using state-of-the-art software and training staff to work together seamlessly
- Transitioning staff to remote work – nearly 65% of employees are now working remotely, including 100% of our Member Service Center
- Shifting employees and resources to other areas with increased volume
- Educating employees on latest COVID-19 health and safety rules and regulations
- Following state health orders by implementing mandatory scheduled cleanings, and providing proper equipment, signage, masks, and cleaning supplies at all branch locations and headquarters
In addition, FMFCU has recently assigned Pandemic Safety Officers to continue to monitor all COVID-19 issues, including PA and DE state guidance on reopening statuses.
We are committed to offering you the best member experience AND providing you with tools to do your banking as safely and conveniently as possible during COVID-19. We strongly encourage utilizing FMFCU’s Online and Mobile Banking with AnytimeDeposit whenever possible, along with an array of contactless loan application and fulfillment options. Over the last two months, FMFCU has introduced:
- Short-Term Loan Payment Assistance on select loans in April and May. If you need additional help on future loan payments, please contact us to discuss your situation.
- Emergency Hardship Personal Loans
- Extended hours at FMFCU drive-thru locations
- Temporary dropboxes to select branch locations
- Increased standard debit card ATM withdrawal limits to $1,000
- Offering extensive resources to our business members including PPP loans
- Interactive help on fmfcu.org via our new Chatbot
And for additional financial guidance, Mint Wealth Advisors* is ready to assist you with virtual appointments to provide sound, financial management.
Our commitment to our members remains steadfast. As we move forward, we will continue to keep you updated via email and our COVID-19 web page. Please know we always value your questions, ideas, and feedback. Thank you for being a member of FMFCU.
Michael B. Magnavita, CPA
President & Chief Executive Officer
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union
*Securities and advisory services are offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC). Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union and Mint Wealth Advisors are not registered as a broker-dealer or investment advisor. Registered representatives of LPL offer products and services using Mint Wealth Advisors, and may also be employees of Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union. These products and services are being offered through LPL or its affiliates, which are separate entities from, and not affiliates of, Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union or Mint Wealth Advisors. Securities and insurance offered through LPL or its affiliates are:
Not insured by the NCUA or Any Other Government Agency | Not Credit Union Guaranteed | Not Credit Union Deposits May Lose Value
The LPL Financial Registered Representatives may only discuss and/or transact securities business with residents of the following states: NJ, PA, NY, DE, AZ, MI, FL, MD, TX, VA, GA, NC.