FMFCU Debit Card
Our Visa® Debit Card looks like a credit card but acts like a check card and ATM card combined. Use to withdraw cash and get easy access to savings and/or checking accounts including direct deposit. No annual or monthly fees and 24-hour access to your money at ATM and VISA locations.
- Access up to three checking and three savings accounts
- Access to line of credit/overdraft protection
- Safer than cash and easier than checks
- Access to 30,000+ surcharge-free ATM locations. Find a Surcharge-Free ATM.
- Up to $1,000 daily withdrawal limit
- Unlimited free transactions at FMFCU ATMs* and unlimited free transactions when used at VISA locations
- 4 FREE withdrawals per month on Checking and Savings*. $2 for each additional one. Please be advised that the owner of the ATM may surcharge.
*If withdrawing from savings account, regulatory restrictions will apply.
Visa Global Zero Liability Policy
- Visa’s Global Zero Liability Policy is their guarantee you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You’re protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.
VISA Purchase Alerts - Near real-time text or emails
Know where your money is going! Get a text or email when using your VISA card in near real-time.
- Purchases meeting or exceeding custom dollar amount
- International and online/phone purchases
- Declined transactions
- Pending credits
Card controls include:
- Temporarily lock a lost or missing card
- Block online transactions
- Block international transactions
- Important: only transactions occurring on Visa’s network can be blocked or included in this service. ATM and digital wallet transactions are ineligible.
VISA Fraud Text Alerts
Get a text alert if fraud is suspected on your FMFCU Debit Card. Credit Union members must opt in to this service.
VISA Fraud Prevention Hotline
FMFCU provides fraud prevention for your debit cards. This hotline calls members on their phones when they suspect suspicious activity is occurring on their cards. The hotline may try all of the phone numbers you have listed with us.
The phone number is: 1-800-504-5729
*Please be aware this is a legitimate service provided to FMFCU members and not a phishing attempt or scam that is sometimes associated to calls like this.
Verified by VISA
FMFCU Visa Debit Cards also have an extra security feature called Verified by VISA. Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Shop at participating online merchants. Look for online merchants that display the Verified by Visa symbol — it’s your assurance that your transaction will have an added layer of protection.
- Step 2: Verified by Visa is automatically activated at checkout. There is no registration required for Verified by Visa for your FMFCU Debit Card. If needed, you will be prompted during the checkout process at participating online merchants. You’ll be asked to verify your identity and that’s all there is to it! Your FMFCU Visa card will continue to work as usual for merchants not yet participating in Verified by Visa.
- Step 3: Enjoy enhanced security. Look for the Verified by Visa symbol so you know where to shop online with extra security.
Lost or Stolen Cards
If your card is lost or stolen, please FMFCU at 610-325-5100 immediately. If FMFCU is closed, please call 1-866-209-4197.
Visa Account Updater
The Visa Account Updater (VAU) service is a free FMFCU Debit Card benefit that automatically updates your card information with participating merchants. This unique service provides the following benefits:
- Supports card renewal or replacement of your Debit Card information
- Updates expiration dates for recurring payments and subscription services to minimize disrupted services (i.e. utility bills, online merchants such as Amazon)
- Alerts participating merchants of card closures due to fraud
The database is accessed only by participating merchants after you have requested they process a recurring payment using your Debit Card.
Q: What is Visa Account Updater (VAU)?
A: Visa Account Updater is a free service that will provide card number and expiration date updates to merchants who maintain card-on-file account information in order to process recurring member payments. This service helps prevent disruption to recurring services when your cards needs to be closed for any reason.
Q: How does Visa Account Updater work?
A: The service facilitates the secure exchange of updated card information between participating merchants and Visa card issuers. Please note that not all merchants participate in this service.
A full billing cycle may need to take place before the change takes effect.
Q: Is participation in the Visa Account Updater mandatory?
A: All FMFCU Debit Cards will automatically be enrolled in this service, however you may opt-out at any time.
If you wish to opt-out of Visa Account Updater, you may do one of the following:
Complete this form or call our Member Service Center at 610-325-5100 or 800-220-3193 (outside of Pa) or visit your local branch.
Q: How do I know which merchants participate in this service?
A: Merchant participation is elective and some merchants may choose not to enroll in the service. Participation in the VAU service does not relieve your obligation to ensure merchants have correct account information on file; failure to do so may result in declined payments.