Join FMFCU Foundation in honoring and celebrating those who make an extraordinary impact in our community. The 2022 FMFCU Foundation Celebration will be held in-person at The Drexelbrook, Drexel Hill, PA on Thursday, April 21st.
Twenty outstanding teachers will be honored by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation, DCIU, and The Delaware County Daily Times with the highly regarded Excellence in Teaching Award and an FMFCU Foundation cash grant for their school and classroom. Included are educators from schools serving students in Delaware County, Chester County, New Castle County, and Philadelphia.
2022 Excellence in Teaching Award Recipients:
- Ari Bleicher-Nugent, Interboro High School
- Tim Blessington, Beverly Hills Middle School
- Danielle Bradley, Concord Elementary School
- Peter Brockman, Sophia Academy
- Stacy Clayton, Penn Wood High School
- Marie Costa, Media Elementary School
- Alexander DiBiasi, Upper Darby High School
- Crystal Grace-Green, Glenwood Elementary School
- Jack Hasler, The Phelps School
- Teresa Magrann, The County Alternative School
- Christine McCullough, Loomis Elementary School
- Cheryl Murray, Garrettford Elementary School
- Sean O’Donovan, Worrall Elementary School
- Sandra Polo, Linwood Elementary School
- Cindy Rost-Frick, Tinicum School
- Dan Shaffer, Strath Haven Middle School
- Jennifer Teehan, Sharon Hill School
- Dorothy Toomey, Upper Darby Kindergarten Center
- Melissa Tracy, Odyssey Charter School
- Linda Wigo, Paxon Hollow Middle School
Five high school seniors will be awarded the prestigious John D. Unangst Memorial Scholarship, a $3,000 scholarship toward college education.
2022 John D. Unangst Scholarship Recipients:
- Isabella Canals, Cheltenham High School
- Kelsey Celestino, Sun Valley High School
- Moses Hufford-Bucklin, Penncrest High School
- Noah Kochavi, Ridley High School
- MarieClaire Schoucair, Upper Merion Area High School
The celebration also honors all students and their faculty advisors who participated in the 74th season of Delco Hi-Q, the nation’s oldest, continuous academic quiz competition and the All Delco Hi-Q team. Each of this season’s three winning teams will also be highlighted.
2021-2022 Delco Hi-Q Finalist Teams
- Champions, Haverford High School
- Second Place, Garnet Valley High School
- Third Place, Marple Newtown High School
For the first time, FMFCU Foundation will pay special tribute to a deserving non-profit while providing resources to allow the organization to continue its great work through the Community Champion Award. This annual Community Champion Award is presented to The Bernardine Center located in Chester, PA.
Register today to be a part of honoring those who make an extraordinary impact! Reservations at $55 each or $500 for a table of 10 available for purchase at fmfcufoundation.org/events.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and supporters: Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union, the Wilbur C. and Betty Lea Henderson Foundation, DCIU, and The Daily Times.
Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union Foundation, a 501 (c)(3), supports charitable and educational causes within the communities served by Franklin Mint Federal Credit Union.