Online Banking Requirements
The following table provides the key to the symbols used on this page; blank spaces in a table indicate unsupported features.
The computer you use must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Standard PC or Mac® with at least a 1-GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provides anti-virus and spyware protection.
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 or Mac OS X.
Note: Microsoft stopped supporting Windows XP and XP-compatible Internet Explorer (IE) in April 2014, including security updates. XP users who do not upgrade their operating systems should replace IE with Google Chrome™ for an up-to-date, secure Internet browser.
- Cable, Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), or Integrated Services for Digital Network (ISDN) Internet connection. (Dial-up connections are not supported.)
Note: Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Online Banking is HTTPS-encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses.
Desktop and laptop displays can be any height but must support at least a 1300-pixel width. Otherwise, the end user will need to scroll horizontally to see the entire Online Banking user interface.
PDF reader requirements
FMFCU recommends the most recent version of Adobe® Reader® available for desktop and mobile devices unless your e-statement provider recommends a prior version. If you choose to use a third-party PDF vendor, FMFCU cannot guarantee documents will appear as intended.
Fingerprint Login/Touch Authentication requirements
The Fingerprint Login feature is based on the fingerprint API that Android introduced with Android M (Marshmallow). Not all Samsung and Nexus phones support Android’s API, even though they include the hardware on the phone. Therefore, these devices are not supported by FMFCU’s Fingerprint Login feature. The end user will not be presented with an option to enable/disable this feature. New APIs provided by Samsung and Nexus phone manufacturers exist that will allow the mobile development team to support Fingerprint Login for those phones. However, this will be an enhancement to the existing Android App container.
Fingerprint Login is currently only available for login authentication on eligible Android devices. This is a free feature, pending the following operating system, hardware, and release requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 or higher
- Nexus 7 or newer
- Google Pixel first generation or newer
- End user registration with Fingerprint at the device level
Touch Authentication is currently only available for login authentication on eligible Apple iOS devices. This is a free feature, pending the following operating system, hardware, and release requirements:
- iOS 9 or higher
- iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus or newer
- Latest generation iPad with Touch ID sensor
- End user registration with Touch ID at the device level
Browser support is subject to change with little to no notice, and we encourage end users to configure browsers for automatic updates. Use the most recent versions available for the browsers listed in the following table for the most secure experience in Online Banking.
Note: Any browsers not listed in the following tables should be considered unsupported by FMFCU.
An unsupported browser notification sends a targeted advance notice to end users accessing online banking via a browser for which support has been scheduled to end. Three methods—notification text within online banking, soft block, and hard block—will be applied to all future browsers for which support is discontinued. Moving forward, FMFCU will determine the appropriate date to end support for a browser based on support schedules published by the web browser vendors.
Note: For the most secure and consistent experience on mobile devices and tablets, use FMFCU Mobile Banking Apps instead of mobile browsers.
Some minimally supported browsers, as listed below, may show minor behavioral or cosmetic differences for Online Banking, but will generally support that application’s features and functionality.
PC Browser Requirements
Note: For information about Google Chrome versions indicated above, see https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/search/label/Stable%20updates.
For information about Mozilla Firefox versions indicated above, see https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/latest/releasenotes.
Note the following details about the PC browser support table:
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP 1 is required for Internet Explorer 11 support.
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 is required for Internet Explorer 11.
- Online Banking is not compatible with Safari® on Microsoft Windows, as Apple discontinued development of security patches for Microsoft Windows. However, Online Banking is compatible with Safari on Mac OS X 10.9 and later, as shown in the next table.
Mac Browser Requirements
Mobile Banking App requirements
This section describes the operating systems, connection types, and camera resolutions that are compatible with the Mobile Banking Apps that end users can download from the Apple Store (for iOS devices) or Google Play (for Android™ devices).
Note the following details about Mobile Banking Apps:
- A valid email address and telephone number are required.
- Mobile Banking Apps function best when the GPS or native mapping app (also called Location Services) is enabled.
When requesting customer support for Mobile Banking Apps, please identify the model and operating system of the device and, if applicable, confirm that the camera is rear-facing.
Apple iOS Requirements
Note: End users on unsupported OS versions can still access online banking via the mobile browser. Mobile browser access is minimally supported and does not offer native app features, such as AnytimeDeposit and Fingerprint Login.
The following mobile operating systems are not compatible with Mobile Banking Apps:
- Windows Phone®
- Kindle Fire™
Mobile Connectivity Requirements
A mobile device with a rear-facing camera is required to deposit checks with the AnytimeDeposit functionality in Mobile Banking Apps. The following table provides camera resolution compatibility for Mobile Banking Apps.
AnytimeDeposit Camera Requirements
Third-party account management software
Note the following details about third-party account management software compatibility with Online Banking:
- Microsoft Money: We are aware that some end users can export Account History successfully from Online Banking to the most recent versions of Microsoft Money. However, Microsoft itself no longer supports those products; therefore, FMFCU cannot guarantee the reliability of exports to them. The use of Microsoft Money with Online Banking data is solely at the user’s discretion.
- Quicken® and QuickBooks®: Supported versions of Quicken and QuickBooks are dependent on the financial institution’s contract with Intuit. Refer to the Quicken Discontinuation Policy for details about discontinued Quicken services and application versions.