Government Shutdown Support for FMFCU Members
At FMFCU, we realize that some of our members may be directly or indirectly impacted by the current federal government shutdown. Although hopefully temporary, we know that you may need a little help during this hardship.
Now’s the time to contact our Member Service Center at 610-325-5100 or 800-220-3193 (Outside PA), or visit your local branch to discuss your particular situation.
Please note the following:
- All accounts remain federally insured
- Our regulator, the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), remains open and is an independent agency of the federal government whose operating budget is not impacted by the shutdown.
- FMFCU will be flexible with current policies and procedures to meet our members financial needs.
You may want to consider these options to save money and time during this time:
Get Easy Access to Your Money
- Use or sign up for Online Banking and/or Mobile Banking to have easy access to your funds.
- Utilize AnytimeDeposit to deposit checks remotely using Mobile Banking without having to visit a branch.
- Consider opening a Personal Line-of-Credit – when added to your Checking Account, it means that you have funds when you need them. If you already have one, consider using it before using your high-interest credit cards.
More Ways to Save
- Consider a low interest rate Home Equity Line or Loan.
- Payoff or pay down your credit cards with a Personal Line of Credit with no balance transfer fees.
- Try getting a quote from FMFCU’s TruStage Auto, Home, and Life Insurance and see if you can save money.
- Sign up for Overdraft Privilege. It is designed to provide a safety net and peace of mind when unexpected emergencies arise. For the cost of a transaction fee, save the expense and embarrassment of having items returned and the additional fees that merchants may charge.