FMFCU Community Involvement
FMFCU and our employees believe it's important to reach out and support the communities we serve. Annually, we donate significant time, resources, and funds to help various charities, educational and community outreach programs throughout the Delaware Valley.
For over 44 years, FMFCU has and continues to provide monetary support through charitable donations to various local causes, organizations, and groups. These include:
- Riddle Hospital to help purchase cardiac monitors/defibrillators
- Mercy Health System, Riddle Healthcare Foundation, and
Crozer-Chester Foundation - 5-year pledges to support
respective hospital locations.
- West Chester Area Education Foundation - 5-year pledge to
support educational programs to connect kids to real work
- FMFCU Foundation to support financial literacy initiatives and
education, and support of local charities in our community.
- The Arts including Darlington Arts Center, Media Theatre, Young
Playwrights of Philadelphia, 2nd Saturdays in Media.
- Ridley and Lansdowne YMCA to support their annual Healthy
Kids Day event that promotes physical as well as financial
- Delaware County Fireman’s Association to help fund their 100th
- Marple Township in support of their Community Pride Day event.
- Briarcliffe Athletic Association to support baseball’s opening day events for community youngsters.
- Delaware County Parks and Recreation Department to sponsor an evening of music and entertainment
during their annual Summer Festival in Media’s Rose Tree Park.
- Chester Youthbuild, Chester Eastside Ministries and City Team.
FMFCU employees live by the philosophy of "people helping people" and are always willing to donate their time to participate in various community events and lend a helping hand for a worthy cause. Credit Union employees recently participated in:
- Delaware County Transportation Management Association’s annual Ride Your Bike to Work Day.
- Operation Warm and Toys for Tots.
- Adopt-A-Family project where employees raised money to purchase and wrap gifts for area families during the holidays.
- Direct involvement with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) providing free on-site tax preparation and education.
- Kidz Financial Fall Festival at Mercy Philadelphia Hospital.
- Chester Education Foundation.